Friday, July 18, 2014

Planning a destination wedding

My Husband and I were married back in 2012 and when the question of, "Where do we have it", came up we both said Vegas. I'm not much of a planner and I could never imagine myself walking down the aisle with 200+ people watching me. A destination wedding was the answer for me and it came with many perks. First, we got to go on vacation which was amazing. Second, since we were already going out there we decided to have our stag and stagette out there as well. Third, I just had to find the venue and call. To me, this was definitely the best part. I went online and searched through the hundreds of different venues Vegas has to offer and picked the one that suited us and our budget best.
I picked up the phone and called the chapel who set me up with my own wedding coordinator. They offered all kinds of packages and different locations on site to have our ceremony. Any kind of flower arrangements I wanted, in all kinds of colors, and also the chance for any of my family and friends to watch our ceremony live via the internet. It was perfect for us!
Don't get me wrong, things did go wrong but they were very minor and I didn't have to sweat the small stuff. If I thought of or wanted something at any point during our planning all I had to do was call or write a email.

I did however have one big issue and that was holding a reception after our ceremony. The ceremony was only about 5-10 minutes long and we had about 25 family and friends come out to celebrate with us. There were receptions available at the venue we chose but the affordable ones were not really our style. looking around and calling places from a different country can be very challenging. I was trying to find that perfect place where we could all possible eat, drink and visit while I wore my dress awhile longer. Then you have to factor in transportation for everyone and money per plate of food. Ultimately I sucked it up and held a reception in the same location at their 50's diner. Looking back at it now, it was probably that perfect place I was thinking of. It was Vegas, after all, and we got our Elvis cake with ice cream floats and burgers. I'm not sure what is more "Vegas" then that. Honestly, if your family and friends are traveling all over the world to be apart of your big day then they probably aren't to concerned about what happens after the ceremony. They are just there for you. This (to me) is the most important thing to remember when planning a destination wedding. It is still "your day" and try not to be concerned for the company that came with you.

Thank you for reading our blog post! 
All readers receive special discounts from two of our fabulous etsy shops
Something Blue Bridals (click here)- receive 10% off- Use coupon code FBFAN
All About Artistry (click here)- receive 15% off- Use coupon code DREAMBIG15



Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook. click here to be directed to our page! 

1 comment:

  1. This is the great information.
    Thanks you so much for your valuable work, keep writing.
    destination weddings in long island

    ReplyDelete